Something like this:

Monday, July 24, 2006

TREE IN IMPENDING STORM

Although I'm happy with the outcome, I failed my objective with this one. I'm trying to learn how to watercolor for real, and lesson #1 is to leave the white space for the highlights. Easy, I thought. Yeah right, said reality. The white space I left looked like mistakes, so I painted it in and went back with white paint, a la oils. So I'm disappointed in the effort, but still quite pleased with the result. I even got in a little ode to Burchfield for the storm in the right hand corner.

I usually rely on funny to disguise my lack of training and talent. If there's no joke or gimmick, I'm exposed. Well, here I am, all naked-like, and the painting is still pretty. So bid before I sketch in the Belly Punker doing hoola-hoops.

No comments: