Something like this:

Friday, August 25, 2006

CHAGALL-ISH BOUQUET

"I work in whatever medium likes me at the moment."
- Marc Chagall

A wise old man (he may have been Canadian - possibly even a Mountie) once told me that in art, it's not stealing if you call it "inspired by." So this painting is "inspired by" much of Chagall's work. You see, we here at HarmoniousJosh Inc. are not just about selling tiny art. We want to educate. But we're lazy teachers, so go google Chagall yourself.

You may (or may not; I'm going to tell you either way) be interested to know that the bouquet is actually in front of a window. I had painted a little scene out there, which was actually quite nice. Then I got carried away with the flowers. I'm quite happy with the final product, I just thought you should know you're actually getting two paintings in this deal. Unfortunately, you can only see one.

You know what to do by now.

No comments: