Something like this:

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

VARNISH TARNISH

You can't frost hot brownies. You can, but you'll have to offer them to your dinner guests as Abstract Brownies.

So here's an Abstract PaintingTM. I'm not going to lie to you: this was not how I expected it to turn out. I had made a cool little painting of an angry looking geisha type. It would have been a perfectly suitable addition to my FACES collection. And then I tried to emulate a certain popular aceo artist who shall remain nameless. All I will tell you his name rhymes with Lick Freezer.

I tried to add a glaze to gouache. Either it wasn't dry enough, or I was using the wrong glaze. As you can see, everything ran together. This is the result.

The real title, by the way, is RED LADY WITH FORKS STICKING OUT OF HER MINI-SATELLITE DISH HAIR-DO, but that won't fit.


-----
LOOK! Pretty shiny things to buy @ NUTMEGNINE.COM!

And look here! Art to buy!

Need more wittyness and birdwatching excitement? Click this VERY SENTENCE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Mr. Freezer never said anything about adding glazes to gouache. Gouache remains water soluble when dry and adding any aqueous media will rewet the paint. He MIGHT have said something about a painting medium for thinning the paint without loosing opacity and he MIGHT have said something about a final varnish applied to protect the surface. Such a varnish must not contain water, so as to leave the gouache undisturbed. But then again, nothing is more appropriate in an HJosh painting than disturbed paint.