Something like this:

Sunday, July 08, 2007

WET MOCKINGBIRD


A sonnet? OK!

The mockingbird is wet and wants to eat
Swinging on the feeder in the rain
His staring eye breaks through the windowpane
All the while, pecking at his treat.

His feathers ruffled and all spiky wet
Shaking off in vain attempts to dry
Yet always steady is his staring eye
Engaged in inter-species tete-a-tete.

"What fortune you do have to be inside,
As I eat my wet and meager meal;
Do you have a notion how I feel?
I swear, this rain has soaked me through my hide!"

"No," I thought, as he flew away
"I have no wings, so on the ground I stay."

A close-up of said eye:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

-----
LOOK! Pretty shiny things to buy @ NUTMEGNINE.COM!

And look here! Art to buy!

Need more wittyness and birdwatching excitement? Click this VERY SENTENCE.

1 comment:

sandy said...

FANTASTIC drawing and your poem is fun to read. I love this drawing!!!